While aqueous varnishes cannot match the luster of UV-based varnishes, they provide their own special elegant texture. Because these varnishes dry quickly, they can be used to protect fragile or difficult-to-dry paper, allowing for faster and more reliable delivery of print orders.
Advantages of Aqueous Varnished Prints
- More stable than UV and oil-based overprint (OP) varnishes, with less discoloration of printed material over time.
- Less fingerprint smudging than with UV and oil-based OP varnishes.
- Use little or no powder during printing, so printed surface is smoother.
- Superlative scratch resistance.
- Fast drying enables faster delivery time.
- Paper retains its natural texture, while printed side is protected against abrasion and dirt.
- Obun offers double-sided printing with this type of varnish.
- Spot coating and printing is also available.
Printing with Aqueous Varnish (examples)
This is an ideal surface processing for book covers, title sheets, and photo-album pages. It protects against abrasion and dirt, and provides an elegant texture that we encourage you to sample.